Rheumatoid Arthritis/Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
The Arthritis Society of Canada
- Workshops and online courses about understanding and managing arthritis;
- Discussion forums and community FAQs;
- How to become an advocate; and
- How to get involved in local fundraising events.
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society of Canada
- Advocacy services;
- Monthly chapter meetings;
- Information sessions on living with MS, such as memory strategies to help you stay organized and sleep strategies to get more restful nights;
- Monthly information and support teleconferences;
- Annual MS Walk and MS Bike events;
- Peer support program; and
- Access to professional journals.
Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada
- Educational webinar sessions and online documents;
- Peer-to-peer online patient support;
- Stories of inspiration; and
- How to get in touch with your local chapter.
Asthma Society of Canada
- Information on managing asthma;
- Asthma & Allergy Support Line (1-866-787-4050);
- Asthma Centre Locator;
- Information about the National Asthma Patient Alliance (NAPA), dedicated to improving awareness of and treatment for asthma; and
- Real-life stories and tips shared by people living with or caring for someone living with asthma.
The Lung Association
- Information on preventing and living with lung diseases;
- Personal stories about how research has made an impact;
- How to get involved by donating or volunteering; and
- How to get help from your local support group.
Psoriasis Society of Canada (PSC)
- National Psoriasis Conference;
- Psoriasis Walk;
- National Psoriasis newsletter on treatments, research and issues;
- How to join local support groups.
Canadian Psoriasis Network (CPN)
- Global Report on Psoriasis (WHO);
- Support and outreach forum;
- Informational webinars and videos; and
- Take the Clear About Psoriasis survey.
Canadian Liver Foundation
- Hepatitis C Self-Learning online course;
- Information on most common forms of liver disease;
- Research publication library; and
- Sign up for the Livewell e-newsletter.
Canadian Cancer Society
- Cancer information service;
- Peer support; online community;
- Find a wig;
- Financial help; and
- Travel and accommodations for treatments.
Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
- Information and awareness about breast health;
- Latest news on treatments available;
- Finding Hope blog;
- 2015 CBCF Community Report;
- Sign up for e-newsletter; and
- How to donate or participate in local fundraising events.
Colon Cancer Canada
- Patient resources and information on colon cancer treatment and statistics;
- My Colon Cancer Companion patient journal; and
- Wendy Bear patient assistance program.
Lung Cancer Canada
- Support materials;
- Awareness and educational infosheets;
- Latest news on clinical trials; and
- Peer-to-peer network.
Prostate Cancer Canada
- Information on treatment and options;
- Expert Angle webinars; and
- Prostate Cancer Information Service hotline (1-855-PCC-INFO).
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada
- Community of Heroes stories;
- Patient education support;
- Information specialist hotline (1-800-955-4572); and
- Local fundraising event information.